[Logo] Argo Navis Users' Group
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Didier
Forum Index » Profile for Didier » Messages posted by Didier

Thanks for precisions. FYI, I just posted a request on the 'Wish list' section of the INDI forum, for a ServoCAT INDI driver.

Wait and see...
Hi Gary,

Thank you for this promt answer. I just changed my setting: removed the serial 1 cable and connected the raspberry to the ServoCAT PC Port.
However there is no 'ServoCAT' in the mount profiles of Kstars. I tested LX200 Basic and Classic but did not succeed to connect.
It may be more about ServoCAT settings. I will also contact your colleague Gary Myers.

Many thanks again! smilie
Didier
Hi Everyone,

I'm using an home-made Newtonian 8" scope with ServoCAT + Argo Navis + Hitecastro DC focuser + Lodestar Starlight Xpress guide cam + Nikon camera body.
I'm looking to control the system using Astroberry on a Raspberry pi, meaning Linux/ Kstars/ INDI. All equipments are connected through a USB hub. I control the Raspberry from a remote portable PC using VNC Viewer, as described by Astroberry's guidelines. Launching Ekos within Kstars I connect without trouble to the Argo Navis, guide camera, Nikon DSLR and DC focuser and can take images, etc.
The trouble is that I cannot control the telesscope through the Argo Navis. I know that the AN is speaking to the ServoCAT, as the red blinking 'DSC' LED turns solid after a one star alignment from the AN itself. However, when I send a move commands to the scope, nothing happen and no error message is send.
Here is the configuration:
- AN serial 1 connected to the rapberry with the dedicated cable + DB9 to USB converter.
- Serial 1 at 9600 baud and Startup on 'meade'
- AN serial 2 connected to the DSC port on the servoCAT
- Serial 2 at 19200 baud and Startup on 'servocat'
- No connection on the ServoCAT 'PC Port'

Do anyone of you know about such configuration smilie
Any insight or help would be appreciated.

Take care.
Didier

Forum Index » Profile for Didier » Messages posted by Didier
Go to:   
Mobile view