[Logo] Argo Navis Users' Group
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: astroal
Forum Index » Profile for astroal » Messages posted by astroal
I have several 'catalogues' or lists in my User file each starting with a different set of letters, e.g. FG for Flat Galaxies, CS for Carbon Stars, etc. To delete any set, I open the saved txt file on my laptop and delete what I want, Save, then upload again to the Argo Navis.
Brooks,
When I replaced mine last month, the switch was off. Just be sure the metal clip is bent back enough to ensure the battery is snug to make adequate contact.
Al
This may have been discussed several years ago in the former Yahoo groups: when should one change location in the AN, esp. if locations may be close to each other. For example, do I need to change locations if they are 50 miles (80km) apart (40.2N 75.5E versus 40.7N 75.9W)?
How about ~228 miles (367km) 41.7N 77.7W from above two sites
Have downloaded the Argonaut version 2 as well as the user manual. However, after reading the procedure in the manual to upgrade the Firmware, I am hesitant to monkey around with the unit that is giving me satisfactory performance. It seems to me that the advantages of the new firmware do not outweigh the hoops to jump through to reset Setups, Locations, user catalogues, etc. I am a person who does not dream in binary codes, so this is a bit of foreign territory to me.
Al

Forum Index » Profile for astroal » Messages posted by astroal
Go to:   
Mobile view