[Logo] Argo Navis Users' Group
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Argo Navis display 'locks up' RSS feed
Forum Index » User Forum
Steve B

Periodically all the segments of the display turn on, rendering it useless. No operation of the 3 controls restored the display. I normally use NiMH batteries, but when this happens I have tried alkaline and also a 12v external supply without success. Normal operation returns randomly. Sometimes an hour or several days pass before operation returns. I once got quick restoration of service by switching the unit off and on rapidly. Recently, tapping or slapping the sides of the unit has returned the display to normal. But this cannot be good long term.

My search of the forums yielded no results. Does anyone have suggestions or solutions(s)?

Steve
wildcard

[Avatar]

Hi Steve,

It might simply be the lithium coin cell needs replacing as a depleted one can lead to similar behaviour.

However, please don't touch it or replace it just yet.

Email me at sales@wildcard-innovations.com.au and let me know what version of the firmware you are currently running
(MODE STATUS, STATUS VERSION) and I will run you through a couple of checks to see whether that might be true.

Gary Kopff
Managing Director
Wildcard Innovations Pty. Ltd.
20 Kilmory Place
Mount Kuring-Gai NSW 2080
Australia
Phone +61-2-9457-9049
wildcard@wildcard-innovations.com.au
https://www.wildcard-innovations.com.au
[Email] [WWW]

Forum Index » User Forum
Go to: