[Logo] Argo Navis Users' Group
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Bug Encountered RSS feed
Forum Index » User Forum
garin

Help! I'm heading out to a dark site on Thursday and did a dry run to to make sure everything is ok and load some comet tle's into the Argo.
I ran up the argo, saved did a save setup and transferred the comet tle, which all seemed ok.
Then powered down rhe argo and disconnectedd and went to check the comets and about 2 secs later a "bug encountered' message comes up and then I can do nothing.
I believe the firmware is V3.0.0

I have replaced the coin battery but still have the same issue.

Can load firmware with being in load cat ? and the error still up ?

How can I fix this before Thursday ?
garin

My bad, been a long time since I've done a firmware update on the argo, currently loading 3.0.4, see if that fixes the issue.

Can a bad comet tle cause the Bug Encountered message ?

Fingers crossed
wildcard

[Avatar]

Hi Garin,

I replied earlier to your email. I am away from the office as it is Sunday but thank you for leaving a voicemail message which I just listened to.

On rare occasions there were problems with some specific types of orbits. Rather than an ENCOUNTERED BUG occurring,
the solution for these particular orbits would be inaccurate. Version 3.0.4 saw very significant improvements in the
computation of orbital elements for comets and asteroids and these rare troublesome cases were fixed.

It is worth a shot to upgrade to 3.0.4. It will clear your LOAD CAT area automatically in any case.

Gary Kopff
Managing Director
Wildcard Innovations Pty. Ltd.
20 Kilmory Place
Mount Kuring-Gai NSW 2080
Australia
Phone +61-2-9457-9049
wildcard@wildcard-innovations.com.au
https://www.wildcard-innovations.com.au
[Email] [WWW]
garin

Thanks Gary, firmware load nearly finished, fingers crossed.

garin

Thanks Gary, new firmware loaded and issue resolved. I'll leave that until after the dark sky trip.

I haven't reloaded the comet data, is there a chance you could send me an example comet tle that works and I'll compare it to the one I loaded ?

Been so long since I've been out I didn't realise how much I'd forgotten, good thing I had a practice today smilie

Thanks again for you help.

Regards
Garin
wildcard

[Avatar]

garin wrote:Thanks Gary, new firmware loaded and issue resolved. I'll leave that until after the dark sky trip.

I haven't reloaded the comet data, is there a chance you could send me an example comet tle that works and I'll compare it to the one I loaded ?

Been so long since I've been out I didn't realise how much I'd forgotten, good thing I had a practice today smilie

Thanks again for you help.

Regards
Garin

Hi Garin,

You can download them from here :-
https://minorplanetcenter.net//iau/Ephemerides/Soft06.html

Chances are the problem has been rectified now you are at firmware version 3.0.4 and what I recommend is that if the format looks the same
as those above (Argo Navis uses the same format as TheSky planetarium), I would recommend you try re-loading that file you have again.

If there was still a problem, I would be very interested to know and in that unlikely situation I can send you a small firmware file that you can
load like regular firmware and it will clear the LOAD CAT area.

Last year when comets like 2I/Borisov made a pass, their unusually high eccentricities 'broke' a lot of the planetarium software packages in that
they too were giving incorrect solutions.

It was these type of orbits that firmware 3.0.4 specifically addressed. We put a lot of effort into writing and testing that software so if you are
willing to be another test point then it would be appreciated.

Gary Kopff
Managing Director
Wildcard Innovations Pty. Ltd.
20 Kilmory Place
Mount Kuring-Gai NSW 2080
Australia
Phone +61-2-9457-9049
wildcard@wildcard-innovations.com.au
https://www.wildcard-innovations.com.au
[Email] [WWW]

Forum Index » User Forum
Go to: