[Logo] Argo Navis Users' Group
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Our condolences on the passing of George Nikolidakis, President of the Hellenic Amateur Astronomical Union, April 2020 RSS feed
Forum Index » User Forum
wildcard

[Avatar]

We think in terms of an extended family of Argo Navis owners.

We were therefore deeply saddened to learn today of the passing of George Nikolidakis of Athens, Greece, in April this year.

George was only 59 and died after a battle with COVID-19.

President of the Hellenic Amateur Astronomical Union, I know he will be missed by his family and friends.

Our deepest condolences.

Gary Kopff
Managing Director
Wildcard Innovations Pty. Ltd.
20 Kilmory Place
Mount Kuring-Gai NSW 2080
Australia
Phone +61-2-9457-9049
sales@wildcard-innovations.com.au
http://www.wildcard-innovations.com.au

Gary Kopff
Managing Director
Wildcard Innovations Pty. Ltd.
20 Kilmory Place
Mount Kuring-Gai NSW 2080
Australia
Phone +61-2-9457-9049
wildcard@wildcard-innovations.com.au
https://www.wildcard-innovations.com.au
[Email] [WWW]
sentinel

[Avatar]

Hello Gary and thanks again for remembering our dear friend, George Nikolidakis here, in the ArgoNavis forum.

I am Tassos Vratolis, new member in the Argo Navis family, I just registered here too, to say thank you on behalf of all of us George's friends, for this "memorial" posting.

Also, to upload a picture of me, George and another friend, back in 2009 under the dark skies of Mount Parnonas in the Peloponnese.

You can see George with the red jacket on the ladder of his hand made (made by him!) 20 incher, me on the left and and our other friend, Panagiotis on the right side. It is a scene we created intentionally, for the website of our Astronomy club.

He will be dearly missed by all of the Greek Amateur Astronomy community.

[Thumb - with George in 2009 and his 20 incher.jpg]
 Filename with George in 2009 and his 20 incher.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description From left to right: Tassos Vratolis, George Nikolidakis, Panagiotis Kazasidis
 Filesize 50 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  22411 time(s)

Forum Index » User Forum
Go to:   
Mobile view