[Logo] Argo Navis Users' Group
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
deep sky pictures and dobsonian RSS feed
Forum Index » User Forum
moebius9

[Avatar]

A friend of mine tried it with his 16" dobsonian on Tom Osypowki EQ platform. Somebody else ?

Michel
[Thumb - iris_olivier.jpg]
 Filename iris_olivier.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Iris, 900x8 s, no guiding
 Filesize 107 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  24969 time(s)

wildcard

[Avatar]

Impressive image! smilie Thanks for posting it as it shows what is possible.

Gary Kopff
Managing Director
Wildcard Innovations Pty. Ltd.
20 Kilmory Place
Mount Kuring-Gai NSW 2080
Australia
Phone +61-2-9457-9049
wildcard@wildcard-innovations.com.au
https://www.wildcard-innovations.com.au
[Email] [WWW]
moebius9

[Avatar]

I am not very young and after some hours staying at the eyepiece, I feel tired.
So, I would like to sit down and go on observing on the screen of my PC. The goal is not to make great images, but just to see the object I aim at.
I have to learn how to use Argo Navis through a planetarium on the PC. I have the cable to connect the PC at the AN unit.

Michel
wildcard

[Avatar]

moebius9 wrote:I am not very young and after some hours staying at the eyepiece, I feel tired.
So, I would like to sit down and go on observing on the screen of my PC. The goal is not to make great images, but just to see the object I aim at.
I have to learn how to use Argo Navis through a planetarium on the PC. I have the cable to connect the PC at the AN unit.

Michel

Hi Michell,

Irrespective of age, I think all of us, sometimes, when observing with a group of friends and waiting for your turn at the eyepiece, find it hard to get up out of the chair late at night once you get comfortable. smilie

Have you explored what camera/imaging system you might use yet?

Gary Kopff
Managing Director
Wildcard Innovations Pty. Ltd.
20 Kilmory Place
Mount Kuring-Gai NSW 2080
Australia
Phone +61-2-9457-9049
wildcard@wildcard-innovations.com.au
https://www.wildcard-innovations.com.au
[Email] [WWW]
moebius9

[Avatar]

Hi Gary,

Until about 8 seconds exposure, I dont need guiding with my 16" F4 dobsonian and that is enough for many objects: my home made 1 axis EQ table is good.
I bought a Tom Osypowski' 2 axis and guidable equatorial platform to allow longer exposures.

So, the imaging camera (ZWO asi 1600 color) is at the place of the eyepiece (I dont know the word) and connected to my PC by USB 3, the guiding camera (Altair 230) is connected to the ZWO by USB and I will connect the Astro Navis unit also to the PC in order to choice my object on a planetarium (Cartes du Ciel). Of course, I have still "to push to" the dobsonian.

But .... most of the time my observing sessions are not so long that I need that heavy system smilie.

Forum Index » User Forum
Go to:   
Mobile view