Search | Recent Topics | Hottest Topics

Jump to bottom of page  |  Register / Login  |  Desktop view

User Forum » AN and Sky Safari issues

Author: Astromaniac
31/10/2019 12:32:33
Hi,
Last night I had a chance to use my 16" on an eq platform and AN. It all worked as it should. Then I tried to use Sky Safari but had mixed success, it connected with AN but it was erratic in pointing to the right direction. For Scope Type I use Meade LX 200 Classic. For the Mount Type is "Alt-Az. Push-to on Equ. Platform" the one to use?
Thanks for your help.
Cheers,
John

Stella Observatory,
Macedon, Victoria,
Australia

Author: wildcard
31/10/2019 13:39:32
Hi John,

Thanks for the question.

On the Argo Navis side, ensure for the serial port number you are interfaced to that in the MODE SETUP, SETUP SERIAL menu that the STARTUP command protocol is set to 'meade' and the BAUD rate is set to 9600.

Whenever changing the STARTUP setting, be sure to press EXIT or ENTER to escape the menu and save the setting to non-volatile memory.
Then power OFF the unit and power it back ON so the new STARTUP command starts.

On the SkySafari side, use a setting of Meade LX200 GOTO, not the PUSHTO setting. This is true even if you are using a non-GOTO mount.

31/10/2019 14:25:21
Hi Gary,
Thanks for replying so promptly. The settings on my AN are correct. So just to clarify: when you say LX200 GOTO you mean (in settings Sky Safari) Telescope Type LX200 Classic and Mount Type Equatorial GoTo (Fork). Is that correct?

Cheers,
John

Stella Observatory,
Macedon, Victoria,
Australia

Author: wildcard
31/10/2019 14:34:44

Astromaniac wrote:Hi Gary,
Thanks for replying so promptly. The settings on my AN are correct. So just to clarify: when you say LX200 GOTO you mean (in settings Sky Safari) Telescope Type LX200 Classic and Mount Type Equatorial GoTo (Fork). Is that correct?

Cheers,
John

Stella Observatory,
Macedon, Victoria,
Australia

Hi John,

That is correct.

The Alt-Az. GoTo setting will also do exactly the same but the important thing is the GoTo.

Also on the Sky Safari side, do not check the box that says "Set Time & Location" otherwise if it transmits these parameters, Argo Navis will reset its time and location which will invalidate any alignment you may have made.

31/10/2019 14:56:52
Thanks again Gary,
Got it now. At one stage last nuight I did forget to un check "Set Time & Location". It did mess up with AN. smilie
John

Stella Observatory,
Macedon, Victoria,
Australia

Hi John,

That is correct.

The Alt-Az. GoTo setting will also do exactly the same but the important thing is the GoTo.

Also on the Sky Safari side, do not check the box that says "Set Time & Location" otherwise if it transmits these parameters, Argo Navis will reset its time and location which will invalidate any alignment you may have made.  

Search | Recent Topics | Hottest Topics

Jump to top of page  |  Register / Login  |  Desktop view