[Logo] Argo Navis Users' Group
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: astrodwp
Forum Index » Profile for astrodwp » Messages posted by astrodwp
is it possible to add a alignment star to the catalog, that i can just define the Plate solve RA/DEC?
dave
thanks Gary.....yes scope is in observatory.
started looking at ZWOAIR Pro, Stellarmate, and ATIKbase to put on scope and talk by wifi to pc. The ZWO 1600 CMOS camera will give me almost 0.5 deg diagaonal image. Easiest and very good bandwidth, if i can do two star align, just plug in camera into Pc.
I have a 20" dob with servocat/argo Navis. I can not do the two star alignment any more due to a disability.
I really can't bear to think of selling my scope or getting a smaller one. Is there any method of using the a field CMOS camera for a plate solve and then sych back to argo Navis/servocat.
Maybe this question is really to servcat, but checking to see if anyone has done this or maybe knows someone who has done it.
Only method i can think of is after doing the plate solve convert the RA/DEC to Alt/AZ and point the scope at the alt/az quickly enough to see the star.
thanks
dave

Forum Index » Profile for astrodwp » Messages posted by astrodwp
Go to:   
Mobile view